Cholera is an infectious disease caused by a bacterium Vibrio Cholerae. This bacterium causes acute diarrhea and an intestinal infection through the ingestion of contaminated food or water. Within five days of eating or drinking this contaminated food or water, the person will develop painless but copious watery diarrhea. In some cases, the diarrhea is so severe that it cause acute dehydration and requires immediate hospitalization and medical attention.
1. Watery diarrhea with a fishy smell
2. Stomach cramps
3. Dry mouth and skin
4. Dry mucous membranes
5. Loss of skin elasticity
6. Excessive thirst
8. Low urine output
9. Leg cramps and muscle cramps
10. Heart palpitations
11. Nausea and vomiting
12. Low blood pressure
13. Exhaustion and weakness
14. Sunken eyes
15. Irritability and restlessness
TREATMENT BY HOME REMEDIES
1. The use of lemon for example is very popular in reducing the levels of cholera bacilli in the intestines and digestive system. Lemon juice drunk either sweet or salted can help.
2. A decoction of the root bark of the guava tree and boiled water should be drunk twice daily to reduce cholera symptoms such as nausea and vomiting.
3. Onions and fresh black pepper ground together is another easy home remedy for cholera to treat restlessness and thirst.
4. Mix equal quantities of coconut water and cucumber juice to relieve excessive thirst and prevent dehydration.
5. Steep half a nutmeg in half a litre of water and make an infusion. Add to this infusion half a litre of coconut water. Administer this 15ml at a time to lessen cholera symptoms.
6. Rough chaff (husk) also known as Achyranthes aspera should be mixed with half cup of water and given to the cholera patient daily.
* You can also purchase our products that are all natural and safe.